We are looking for a Data/Machine Learning Engineer with a strong technical background rooted in fundamental computer science and database management. The position requires a team player who strives for engineering, technical excellence and is interested in changing the face of medicine.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Build cloud-native and hybrid data/machine learning pipelines
- Collaborate closely with Solution Architects, Cloud/Backend Architects, Data Security engineers, Data Scientists, and Algorithm Developers
- Actively develop enterprise tools for long-term internal use during ML model research
- Provide technical support for research and early development activities.
- Organize and collate raw data
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Identify opportunities for automating data processes (e.g. curation, validation).
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field; a Master’s is a plus
- Professional experience in software engineering with Python including:
- Very good understanding of the Python Ecosystem (e.g. NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn)
- Coding best practices (e.g. TDD, ATDD)
- Application Architecture and Design Patterns
- Testing strategies
- Significant experience with storage technologies and their advantages and disadvantages (e.g. Relational Database, No-SQL Database, Object Storage)
- Very good understanding of ML Workflows and how to provide suitable infrastructure pieces
- Solid knowledge of HPC and AWS based data engineering and analytics solutions
- Experience with various data integration/ETL tools, application integration, business process and data science tools (e.g. Talend, Kubeflow, Spark, Tableau, Flume, Kafka or Databricks)
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Data engineering certification (e.g AWS Professional Solution Architect, IBM Certified Data Engineer) is a plus
- Experience working in an international environment is a plus.
- Location: Rotkreuz the candidate needs to live in Switzerland
- Remote/Home Office: part-time, on-site presence necessary (60%)
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche Diagnostics International in Rotkreuz is a leading provider of diagnostic systems solutions, and the largest manufacturer of fully automated in vitro diagnostic systems in Switzerland. We are more than 2’700 passionate colleagues from over 65 nationalities.
Besides extensive development and training opportunities, we offer flexible working options, 18 weeks of maternity leave and 10 weeks of gender independent partnership leave. Our employees benefit from multiple services on site such as child-care facilities, medical services, restaurants and cafeterias, as well as various employee events.
We believe in the power of diversity and inclusion, and strive to identify and create opportunities that enable all people to bring their unique selves to Roche.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.