The Security Consultant role performs Tenable product installation, configuration, customization, and security audits for our clients.
- Executing client engagements that exceed expectations based on strong understanding of the client's business and their unique needs by:
- Leading the requirements gathering process
- Developing and implementing Tenable security solutions and workflow plans aligned with client business and security objectives
- Installing and/or configuring all Tenable solutions.
- Development of custom reports, dashboards. alerts and scans within Tenable products to meet client business objectives
- Analysis of Nessus scan results and understanding the risk and threat levels of findings
- Conducting security assessments and audits using Tenable methodology
- Managing client expectations to enable their desired outcomes
- Continuing education to support all security practice offerings in pre- and post-sales role
- Meeting professional practice standards and expertise in core Tenable product and services
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with clients
- Creating additional value for clients through continual insights and consultative advice based on experience with the client, their industry, established standards and industry and Tenable best practices
- Participating in industry conferences and professional organizations
- Assisting clients with upgrades and migration to new hardware or software versions
- Serve as technical architect or technical lead on internal operational support system re-engineering projects or CRM design and deployment projects
- Serve as Tenable instructor to train client staff on Tenable products and best practices as training needs are identified
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of internal delivery methods and tools.
What you'll need:
- Recent experience performing vulnerability scans, log analysis, security monitoring with Tenable (e.g., Nessus, SecurityCenter, Tenable.io) or other industry solutions
- Deep understanding of Cyber Exposure to include all lifecycle states and network asset classes.
- In depth knowledge of networks, both 'traditional' and VLAN, Linux/Unix and Windows administration, patch deployment and system configuration
- Understanding of traditional and cloud-based computing environments and delivery models extending to how they are integrated and 'secured'
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Understanding of security principles, policies and industry best practices
- Knowledge of Auditing and Configuration frameworks such as ISO 17799, PCI, GLBA and HIPAA preferred
- Understanding of OWASP and common exploitable cyber security threats
- Understanding of common control systems such as firewalls, blacklists, ACLs and common network monitoring tools such as IDS/IPS
- Understanding of wireless LAN protocols and various WLAN vulnerabilities and attacks
- Consulting skills with an emphasis on client management, objection handling and a commitment to client success.
- Willing and able to travel to client sites up to 75%
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Engineering, or Computer field or 6+ years experience in IT, security, risk management or professional services.
If you've reached this point in the job description and feel you're still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that's okay. If you're feeling like you're not going to fit in with our teams - that's not okay. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it's a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We're committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.