What it's about
The Business Applications Group is closely aligned with the business teams and responsible for the key applications to administrate, monitor and analyze Partners Group’s investment programs. The team is responsible for development, customization and on-going enhancement of these applications and related interfaces to best support the global business operations of Partners Group.
This is a global role where the candidate will provide administration, development, and support for the SQL database landscape as well as act as the last level of escalation for many production support activities. The person will have control over the scope of technical activities, helping to develop best practices, manage knowledge and ensure necessary training of the team
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance in collaboration with the core IT team, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Monitoring database performance details including stored procedure and query execution times, and implementing efficiency improvements
- Manage service improvements for all database services supported throughout the organization
- Support the development of the new enterprise data warehouse.
What we expect
- Solid academic record and a bachelor / master's degree with emphasis in technology (e.g., Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, etc.)
- Minimum three years of experience in SQL Server administration including management of "Always On Availability Groups"
- High level of competency in relational databases (SQL scripting and modelling)
- Accurate, effective and independent working style
- High level of flexibility, the ability to work under pressure as well as very good language skills in English (written/oral)
- Excellent communicator with a team-oriented approach and ability to work with external service providers
- Strong project management and personal organization skills
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and team in a rapidly changing environment
- Hands on experience with Database Access Management and Database Security (DB Hardening, DB Audit, DB Policies etc)
Not required but a plus
- Cloud experience, especially with AWS – RDS and other available data management features/services
- Knowledge of ETL tools such as SSIS, Pentaho, Talend, etc.
- Workload automation scheduling tools like Control-M
- Basic Python knowledge or any other programming language experience
- Familiarity with Enterprise Data Management concepts and tools
- Experience working with a cloud native data warehouse such as Snowflake
- Financial industry experience
What we offer
- A highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment in a team that works closely with both the technology and business sides the firm
- Opportunity to learn the business from some of the world's leading private market experts
- Challenging career path with a long-term career potential
- Competitive salary with performance-related compensation model